Saturday, February 10, 2007

Week 8: Thing 18 & 19

Thing 18: First, I created an account with Zoho Writer. This was doable since I am getting good at making new accounts! Then, I explored the site and created a word document with favorite LOTR Quotes. Now, I am creating a blog post about my discoveries. Finally, I completed the Optional exercise by posting the document to my blog (you will find it below: LOTR Quotes). The first time I tried this was not that easy as the window requiring my blog information did not come up. Later, it did come up, though, and I was able to publish my Zoho Writer document to my blog!!! :0)

Thing 19: LibraryThing is really cool! I created an account and added some psychology and classic books to my library. I also put a LibraryThing widget on my blog so that you can look at my books collection. Then, I put a Library Thingie (a "chicklet") above my link list so you can get into my profile and from there, go to my library catalogue. I found that a lot of other people also selected the books that I had--for Darwin a little over 1K people, and for the Hobbit over 3K!!!. Now, I also have included more academic books also. I like LibraryThing!!! :0)

3 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Good work!

Virtual Services Team said...

Don't forget about Thing 11, explore a site from the Web2.0 awards list.

kepola said...

Hi Virtual Services Team. Thanks for your encouragement! You all are a great team!

Thing 11 is posted on an older post under Week 5. In Web2.0, I checked out eventful.com and LibraryThing (among others) at that time and thought it was fabulous! At that time, I did not know that it would eventually be an excercise in which we would actually set up an account. I plan on doing that this week! Let me know if I need to do anything else to complete the exercise for thing #11. Thanks for your feedback!!! :0)