Saturday, January 20, 2007

Week 3: Thing 5, 6, and 7

Thing 5: I decided to complete exercise a. for Thing 5 (and later I completed excercise b. also) . I posted this cute koala!!! See above :0) It took some effort to finish this task, since I had not previously imported photos to a blog. I went to Flickr and found the photo after searching for 'koalas'. Then I followed the directions in the excercise for the week, in which one can use the "blog this" button. For excercise b., I created a Flickr account, and completed I the same basic process for the Rose Garden photo, except that I had to download the photos into the group directory first, and from there I selected the photo to go into the blog. It was fun to complete!

Thing 6: About mashups...I liked the Flickr Color Pickr the best- thought it had an array of beautiful colors to chose from. Also looked at Montager, which had a lot of photos organized into a matrix-type compilation, which took forever to download! I don't think that I will use this feature very often, as I prefer to use the software on my computer, but I like the idea that I could create a collage on a photo!

Thing 7: Fun- I get to talk about technology!!! Will share my experience about going to MacWorld Expo 2007. It was fun!!! :0) It was the first time that I had gone to MacWorld, and I loved it! I saw the iphone the first day it was presented to the public--a cool experience! I would be hesitant to spend $499 on a phone (even though it has a lot of amazing features that you can't find anywhere else at this time). Most people I talk to say they will wait until the price decreases, and it does not come out until June or July anyway (see The Joy of Tech for good laughs on this topic). In the end, the iphone was cool--it has no keypad--everything is executed by touchscreen, so I took a photo of it with my current phone! :0)

No comments: